Electronics System Design & Manufacturing
The employment in the Electronics industry is estimated to grow phenomenally. Hence to facilitate skill development in ESDM sector focusing on students/unemployed youth at 9-10th standard onwards, ITI, Diploma, Non-engineering graduates, etc. to increase their employability to work in ‘Manufacturing’ and ‘Service support’ functions, a ‘Scheme for Financial Assistance to select States/UTs for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector’ was approved by DeitY.
A total of 90,000 persons are to be supported under the scheme in the selected States in 5 levels of vocational skill development courses recognized by NIELIT/Electronic Sector Skill Council/Telecom Sector Skill Council.
Training Partner is an important link in the implementation of the skill development initiative. The TP is responsible for mobilization of students in active collaboration with State Implementing Agencies.
The Scheme aims at enhancing the skilling capacities in ESDM sector through public and private sector for students/unemployed youth belonging to other disciplines by:
- Utilizing the existing human resource who are undergoing studies in schools (IX standard onwards)/ITIs/Polytechnics/UG Colleges (non-engineering) and the school drop outs/unemployed youth by providing them with additional skills that are recognized by industry for employment in ESDM sector.
- Encouraging new investments in training in ESDM sector by industry.
- Facilitating evolving of process/norms for i) Certification of various courses; ii) Providing opportunities for moving up the value chain; and iii) Recognition of institutions for conducting such courses, as per requirement of Industry in the ESDM sector.
Duration of the Scheme – The scheme will be in operation for four (04) years.
Candidate Eligibility Criteria
||10th + ITI / 12th
pass / other
|Registration- cum-examination fees / Re-appear (Examination / Assessment) Fees
- Aadhaar card is compulsory
- A student who has been a beneficiary of the STAR Scheme is not eligible for the Scheme. Each candidate would be required to submit an undertaking, that he/she has not taken the benefit of STAR Scheme, to the Training Partner at the time of registration/enrolment
- The candidate should not be less than 18 years of age
ELIGILIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STUDENTS
- All students need to ensure they have a valid Aadhaar Number. In case a student doesn’t have Aadhaar, he/she may get enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar/NPR enrolment Centers.
- A student who has been a beneficiary of the STAR Scheme of Govt. of India would not be considered as beneficiary under the Scheme. Each candidate would be required to submit an undertaking, that he/she has not taken the benefit of STAR Scheme, to the Training Partner at the time of registration/enrolment.
- The candidate should not be less than 18 years of age as the scheme is for promotion of trained candidates in the industry recognized skills.
- The examination norms (Examination duration, number of questions, online or offline, theory vs. practical breakup etc.) would be as per the norms of the KIA of the specific course.
- A student who is unable to pass the exam in the initial attempt will be eligible to apply for re-appear cycle. A candidate will be allowed only two re-appear attempts.
- The student will have to pay the prescribed examination/assessment fees to the TP for every attempt. The student would be eligible to obtain the refund for one time only, upon his/her successful certification and the necessary amount due to him/her would be transferred to his account through DBT.
- A student is eligible to get benefit under this scheme only once. Under no circumstance any student will be allowed to enrol for a second course.
Students studying at
- IX/X standards onwards
- Under Graduate (Non-Engineering)
Unemployed youth (indicative list)
- School dropouts from 8th Pass onwards
- ITI Certificate Holders
- Diploma holders
- Graduates (non-engineering)
- Registrants in Employment Exchanges
- Unemployed resources in the Non-formal Sector
- Training Partner will be responsible for registering the candidates with the KIAs, for the examination to be held at the end of the term.
- The Training Partner will be responsible to collect the Assessment fees from the students, and deposit the same to the KIA within 5 working days of starting of the training.
- Training Partner must ensure that all trainees in the batch carry their photo-ID cards on the day of assessment. The permissible photo-IDs that a candidate can carry for the assessment are voter ID card, passport, driving license, PAN card, Aadhaar card, identity card provided by school/college etc.