Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) with an outlay of Rs.1,500 crore to train 24 Lakh Indians
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is the flagship outcome based skill training scheme of the new Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. Under the scheme, monetary reward would be provided to trainees who are successfully, assessed and certified in skill courses.
This skill certification and reward scheme aims to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood. Under the scheme, monetary reward would be provided to trainees who are successfully trained, assessed and certified in skill courses run by affiliated training providers. This will boost the productivity of the country’s workforce by enabling them to acquire high quality skill training across a range of sectors.
OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT
The main objective of this scheme is to provide skill development for youth by providing monetary reward for successful completion of training programme. This skill certification and reward scheme aims to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood.
- Encourage standardization.
- Enable & mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training and become employable.
- Provide monetary award for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth.
- Minimum & maximum age depending on the respective job roles
- Candidate must have the Aadhaar Card
- Qualification depend on the respective job roles
Documents required at the time of enrollment
- Age Proof (10th /12th Certificate/Date of Birth/Passport/Pan Card, Aadhaar card)
- Qualification Proof of Student (as per job role)
- 2 Passport Size Color Photograph
- Aadhaar Card
- Other ID Proof – Voter ID / Pan Card
- Account opening form
- Assessment Fee
Preparation before assessment
- Trainees will complete the stipulated number of training hours as per the qualification pack before the assessment date
- Prepare the students for theory, viva & demonstration
- Training provider should make all the necessary arrangements (raw material, Lab facilities and infrastructure setup) for the assessor to conduct the assessment.
- Prepare day-wise attendance record for the batch and provide the same to the Assessor during the Assessments. The attendance record should be signed by respective candidates in the batch
Check on the day of Assessment
- Assessment should be done in as per the language preference of the batch
- Candidate will mandatorily carry his/her photo identity
- The permissible photo-IDs that a candidate can carry for the assessment are voter ID card, passport, driving license, PAN card, Aadhaar card, identity card provided by school/college etc.
- Training centers must keep a copy of the ID proof provided by the candidate at the time of assessment for any check later on
- TCs to take candidate feedback on a standard format
- TCs must keep candidate feedback form for the batch.