NATIONAL DIGITAL LITERACY MISSION (NDLM)
DEFINITION – “Digital Literacy is the ability of individuals and communities to understand and use digital technologies for meaningful actions within life situations”.
Making one person in every family digitally literate is one of the integral components of the Prime Minister ‘s vision of “Digital India”.
National Digital Literacy Mission (NDLM) Scheme has been formulated to impart IT training to 52.5 lakh persons, including Anganwadi and ASHA workers and authorised ration dealers in all the States/UTs across the country so that the non-IT literate citizens are trained to become IT literate so as to enable them to actively and effectively participate in the democratic and developmental process and also enhance their livelihood.
OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT
- Appreciation of Digital Literacy (Level 1)
To make a person IT literate, so that he/ she can operate digital devices, like mobile phones, tablets, etc., send and receive emails and search Internet for information, etc.
- Basics of Digital Literacy (Level 2)
Besides IT literacy at a higher level, the citizen would also be trained to effectively access the various e-Governance services being offered to the citizen by the Government and other agencies.
Level 1 : Non-IT literate – Illiterate and upto 7th standard pass
Level 2 : Non-IT literate with at least 8th standard pass
Age : 14 to 60 years
- Admission form
- Id proof/ Address proof
- Education proof
- Aadhar card
- Family details
- As per new directive, all candidates sitting for the NDLM examination have to furnish a photo ID proof. As soon as the candidate sits for the exam, she/he has to show his face clearly on the web camera and then show the ID proof to the proctor monitoring the exam.
- The ID proof can be an Aadhar card, PAN card, school/college ID card, ration card or any Government ID proof. Please note that the ID proof should comprise of a photo and the name of the candidate sitting for the exam.
- Once the proctor authenticates the exam, the candidate should focus on the screen and take the exam. She/he should not look around or call out to anyone for any help. No person should be seen near the candidate during the duration of the exam.
- All Training centres/ CSCs are hereby intimated that no impersonation of candidate would be tolerated. Strict action would be taken against the training partner/ centre/ CSC found indulging in any malpractices during examinations.